Precedence is given to organizations situated within or whose activities are concentrated in, first, southwestern Pennsylvania, specifically Pittsburgh, then northern West Virginia, northern Maryland, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and, lastly, the United States.
All organizations are required to use our Grant Request Application (updated on July 29, 2022) for submission. The Application Selection Process is conducted using a monthly preliminary screening method in which the Board of Directors reviews the Grant Request Summary. Other requirements are:
- Proposals are to be submitted on 8.5” x 11” paper and be unbound.
- Your cover letter should state the amount requested and a brief overview of the request, not to exceed one (1) page
- The two (2) page Snee-Reinhardt Charitable Foundation Grant Application form.
- A complete, to-the-point description of the project detailing the purpose and objectives.
- To-the-point procedures for project implementation.
- An itemized budget including estimates.
- Supportive materials (e.g. brochures) should not exceed more than five (5) pages.
- Photographs and/or drawings of the current areas/items being replaced/constructed including items to be purchased (e.g. dishwashers, dryers, computers).
- A list of donors being pursued. If no other donors are being pursued, please note along with a reason for not seeking funds from other sources.
- A list of the organization's current Board of Directors.
- A list of corporate or foundation donors within the last year.
- A copy of the organization's tax-exemption declaration.
- A professionally prepared or official financial statement. In certain instances, a professionally prepared financial statement is not available due to the organization’s association within a community (e.g. fire stations). If your organization does not have access to professional prepared financial statements, please call the office to obtain what financial documentation is needed.
A Sample Grant Application has been created for those that need more clarification on our Grant Application. Please click here to see the Sample Grant Application.
By submitting one or more of the following, your proposal will be automatically pre-declined:
- Provide a list of projects for the Board of Directors to choose from.
- Be general in the nature of the request. You MUST remain specific to the tangible needs of your organization.
- Submit an application for funding at or exceeding $50,000 without permission. It is recommended that remain between the $1 - $20,000 range.
- Submit for a multi-year grant without permission.
- Submit an application for a matching grant without permission.
- Submit an application without reviewing our Limitations and Restrictions section of our website or speaking to someone at the Snee-Reinhardt Charitable Foundation office.
After the Snee-Reinhardt Charitable Foundation Board of Directors has reviewed all preliminary proposals, the organization will be notified of either decision:
- There was not adequate interest in the proposal during the preliminary review and has therefore been automatically declined.
- The proposal has made it on the agenda for further discussion at the upcoming Board meeting. Decisions on awarded grants will be notified within two weeks of the meeting. Please be aware that although a proposal may be discussed at the Board meeting, there is still the possibility that the request will not be funded.
For more information on awarded grants, please visit the Frequently Asked Questions page.
To see a four-year history of awarded grants, please visit the Awarded Grants page.
If there are any additional questions concerning the Application Procedures, please contact the Foundation office at (412) 884-3626.
Please continue onto the Category Definitions to see which Category your organizational needs fall under.